Monday, 30 June 2014

From La Mancha to Karnataka

Have you ever dare asking for an impossible and received the unimaginable answer: "Yes, I don't see why not"?

I came to work to Ireland right after college, for 6 months and just to improve my english. Nonetheless, I have stayed here a record 10 years and in 2 I was already enjoying a fluent level of conversation. However, I've spent the last 7 years saying that I couldn't bear another winter in this place (they truly become too grey) and that it was time to move on before I forgot what a summer is.

For a while now, I have been wanting to move countries, as Travelling is one of the moments in my life where I feel the most happy and alive. I had even had an idea of where to go next (Ireland being the 4th country where I have lived), but I guess I was afraid of going alone.

Thats why in March, when the opportunity came, I decided to move back home to Madrid.

I was not really looking forward being back home. It felt like closing the adventure of being in a foreign land. Like ending the dream. But... well, I really needed to get back to a place with summers. And I am lucky to have been born in such a wonderful country as it is Spain. Plus, as dull as it might sound, I was getting excited with the idea of moving to a new place I could decorate.

So when my boss asked me what could she do to make me stay, I just told her that time had come for me to change the scenery and do something new. If any, I had always wanted to visit our office in India and, when I finally did, I would have loved to stay there a bit longer so... Maybe, I would be happier to continue at my job, if only I could do it from there.

Seriously, I thought it was just such an impossible thing to ask that I assumed she would answer something like: "Oh! I see. Well, I understand. However, I was talking about staying with us HERE and, well, in that case.. I hope it all goes well for you"

Instead, she said: "Yes, I don't see why not?"

And this is how I am currently living the dream of preparing my moving to Bangalore. I am so excited I still have to pinch myself at times, to believe this dream is about to come true. And I have decided to listen to my close friends and make the effort of maintaining a blog, to keep in touch.

Hence, this is for you. A window to my life. To my new adventures in a place where I will need to learn to eat spicy and deal with the double of the population of Ireland in just one town (OMG!! It still sounds scary). Let's see if I manage!


Me (left) and my best friend at my latest home in Ireland.

No comments: